CHOCOLATE AND BANANA BREAD
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 75g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Step 2In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Step 3Add the melted butter, egg and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Step 4Add the brown sugar and mix well to remove any lumps.
- Step 5In another bowl, combine the flour, bi carb soda and cocoa powder, then add to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Step 6Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Step 7Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Step 8Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes before removing.
- Step 9Serve warm or cold great with cream or ice cream if feeling extra naughty!