RASPBERRY AND ROCKMELON SLICE
- 1/2 rockmelon, peeled, deseeded, halved and thinly sliced
- 200g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Step 1Place rockmelon slices on a wire rack over a baking tray and bake at 130c for 30 minutes.
- Step 2Remove from over and set aside. Increase the oven temperature to 160c.
- Step 3Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Step 4Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between each addition. Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Step 5Add half of the berries and fold through the mixture.
- Step 6Pour the mixture into a lined lamington tin and smooth the top.
- Step 7Place the rockmelon slices on top of the mixture, then scatter on the remaining berries.
- Step 8Bake for 15 minutes.
- Step 9Allow to cool in the tin before removing and slicing.
- Step 10Slice And Enjoy!